The perfect pairing of vitality and experience
Astra offers the best of both worlds. It possesses vitality and tenacious passion that is underpinned by a depth of operational experience to rival most long-established miners.
Astra is not like other mining companies. Astra is a multi-faceted South East Asian miner with significant coal, iron ore and lithium projects, as well as a diverse minerals exploration portfolio, and a profitable mining services arm that delivers drilling, geophysical and project development services.
Astra's board and executive management have extensive experience and a proven history of success in the development of coal resources through to mine production. The Company has utilised these strengths to formulate a clear strategy of building an international mining business in South East Asia.
This strategy has focused on identifying opportunities which will grow the Company and deliver profits with ongoing cash flows.
The main target of this plan to date has been to acquire and add value to high value project and the past year has seen several key accomplishments, including:
- -> Acquisition of a one-third stake in the operating Delta coal mine in East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- -> Purchase of two coal tenements in South Kalimantan, Indonesia
- -> Coal joint venture with local Indonesian partner signed
- -> Acquisition of 15% of Lithium Corporation (OTCBB: LTUM)
Delivering on Outcomes
- -> Following the signing of a production joint venture agreement for the Mt Webber DSO project with Atlas Iron Limited (ASX: AGO) - and paving the way for construction to commence - Astra is on track to become an iron ore producer in Q2 2014
- -> Completing the Delta maiden JORC Coal Reserve estimate to support long term production plans
- -> Advancing the Company’s Pilgangoora Lithium project following positive Scoping Study results
- -> The Philippine Department of Energy awarding Astra Mining Philippines Inc. (AMPI) a coal tenement in Catanduanes region
- -> Working with institutions to select an equity investor/off-take partner to develop Astra’s world class Pilgangoora Lithium project
- -> Lithium Corporation commencing drilling at the Fish Lake Valley prospect in Nevada, USA
Focus on Production
- -> Delta coal mine currently producing at a rate of 1.5 Mtpa, which is planned to increase to 2 Mtpa rate in 2014
- -> Iron ore mine with partner, Atlas Iron has commenced construction, with production planned to commence in Q2 2014 at an initial rate of 3 Mtpa
- -> Tabalong coal project in South Kalimantan to commence construction and mining once final regulatory approvals are received, with a short lead time until first production